1. How long have you been with the practice? Mike Ruppert & I started the practice in 1996. Before that, I was his employee and began working with him in 1993.
2. What is your hobby? I love to craft. I’m not ready to sell anything on Etsy, but I enjoy making things. My specialty areas are crochet, card-making and scrapbooking.
3. What do you do when you are not working? Spend time with my husband and two children. I’m involved with various activities and programs at my church, also.
4. What is your favorite place to vacation? Any place with sun and water. This summer we are headed to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. It’s great to get away to a quiet location with the family and spend some time on the water.
5. Do you have any pets? Yes. An adorable, flopsy goldendoodle named Leo.
6. What is your favorite sport to watch? I’m a lifelong Hoosier – basketball!
7. What book are you currently reading? I vowed to catch up on the classics when my son started high school, so I’m reading books that he is required to read. Currently, I’m reading Lord of the Flies.
8. What is your favorite local eatery? I love Byrne’s Pizza. Great salads and I can’t get enough of their grilled pizza!
9. If you could be anyone for one day, who would it be? Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
10. What do you like most about being a lawyer working in a law firm? I love having smart, wise people around me to bounce ideas around. Also, being a family law attorney is stressful, so it’s great to be able to work with people who make me laugh and have a good sense of humor.
If you would like to consult with Paula, or another attorney at Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C. please call (317) 580-9295. Your future is our concern.
- How long have you been with the practice? 4 1/2 years.
- What do you do when you are not working? I have a second job at The Disney Store, I volunteer as a GAL for Hamilton County, and I spend time with family and friends.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation? Florida!
- Do you have any pets? Two dogs and one cat.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? Baseball in the summer, football in the winter.
- What’s the best book (or movie/TV show) you’ve read (watched) lately? The Handmaid’s Tale.
- What’s your favorite local eatery? Bru Burger.
- Who would you play in a movie? According to a client: “I am thinking Shannon should be played by Debra Winger for sure. She always plays those strong roles where she stands her ground and never takes no for an answer.”
- What do you like most about being a lawyer/paralegal/working in a law firm? No two days are alike: I’m never bored! Every case and every client is different. Helping clients: being a paralegal gives me the opportunity to help others, many of them when they are suffering through one of the most difficult experiences of their lives. It’s very rewarding to help someone through a difficult process and see that I truly made a difference.
Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C. represents clients in the Indianapolis and Central Indiana area. Give us a call at (317) 580-9295 with any family law questions. Your future is our concern.
- How would you describe yourself? Hard working, compassionate, caring, sensitive, reliable, a bit obsessive, funny.
- What do you do when not working? Spend time with family and exercise.
- How long have you been with the firm? Almost 12 years!
- Where’s your favorite place to vacation? Anywhere warm, with a good view/ocean.
- Do you have any pets? One dog (Maggie), and one cat (Joey).
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? Basketball, hands down!
- What’s the best book you’ve read lately? “Me Before You”
- What’s your favorite local eatery? Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
- What’s your favorite TV show? “This is Us”
- What do you like most about being a lawyer? Helping folks navigate their problems in the most cost-effective manner, while helping them minimize future issues that could arise by “teaching” them how to handle future anticipated problems, in an effort to avoid litigation. I really enjoy getting to know different clients, their families, and what they do for a living!
If you would like to consult with Lainie, or another attorney at Ruppert & Schaefer, P.C. please call (317) 580-9295. Your future is our concern.